Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mustang A Day Challenge Painting #286 Jenna Nelson's Henry Ford

How Henry Ford Got His Name

"Henry Ford"
5 by 7 inches Watercolor
by LindaLMartinArtist
Sold

In Jenna Nelson's own words:

In the 1950’s the two things that took up the most of my grandfather’s time was his mustang horse and the Ford dealership that he owned. When he heard that Ford was working on a new sport’s car he immediately wrote a letter to the company and suggested that they name this new car the “Mustang!” It was my grandfather, Henry Nelson, who first blessed me with my love of horses. It took years to find him, but when I saw this horse I knew I had finally found the mustang that was meant for me. In my grandfather’s honor I named the horse “Henry Ford.” This is my way to honor my grandpa and the car he named many years ago.

“Henry” was my horse for the SEMM 2010. He has learned quicker than any horse I have ever worked with and he is an absolute privilege to own. Before the competition I had the idea to see if I could get him to ride blind-folded. It took no more than 15 minutes before he would easily ride blinded and do anything I would ask of him. I often refer to “Henry” as the glorious one. I am certain that he believes I was put on this earth for his entertainment and I am happy to oblige."

No comments:

Post a Comment