Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Happy Adoption: Rhett Adopted through the TIP Program Painting # 336


"Rhett"
4 by 6 inches Watercolor
by LindaLMartinArtist
$35.00


Nicole Stuart McAleer's story on how Rhett came  be hers: 

"Last fall (2011) I was helping a trainer with her mustang for the Extreme Mustang Makeover. After that mustang she loved it so much that she brought in 4 TIP horses. At the time I couldn't have one because I already had 2 horses. About 40 days after the TIP horses came in my 5 year old gelding passed away of unknown causes. I was devastated and so was my mare. The TIP trainer informed me that "Brownie" as he was called, was still available and asked if I was interested. I couldn't resist the idea of a mustang, as I have always wanted one. So in January of 2012, I brought him home.

My favorite book is Gone With The Wind.My mare came with the name Scarlett, so that is where the name came from. We thought BLM's Gone With The Wind was a good name and call him Rhett around the house. He spent 30 days with a trainer and withing 6 months we allowed beginners to ride him. He has a wonderful temperament and is a pleasure to own. Other than my mare I don't think I will ever own another breed!!"

The Tip program ( Trainer Incentive Program) is a good way for a new adopter to adopt their first mustang. The trainer must be approved by the Mustang Heritage Foundation then they have a period of time to handle the mustang that is fresh off the range. The horse is gentled, feet handled and most of the ground work is done to make sure the horse can be handled safely for grooming, vetting, hoof care, haltering and leading and loading safely into and out of a trailer.. Tip trainers can also help with additional training for the first time owner. To find out all the requirements to adopt a mustang through the TIP progam please go to http://www.mustangheritagefoundation.org/trainers.php 
 Just click on the map for trainers near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment