Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Happy Mustang Challenge Painting #145 Dana Kesselring's Rango

Rango in Dana's own words:
Post for Monday, July 11th, 2011


"His name is Rango and he was a handful, big beautiful sorrel gelding full of power and spirit, so as not to break his spirit but just be able to ride it, I had to let him be Rango and go at his pace not mine.

His spirit was willing which made the journey ahead memorable and exciting and sometimes a bit dangerous but what a magnificent and gentle soul he turned out to be. He was the mustang that challenged me the most, therefore, I learned the most from him. His bucking spurts were off the wall and scary but when we finally overcame those bouts, he was much more willing to let me in his head and heart.

Rango was a big horse with a big heart and soul and his eyes were so soft and loving that even though I got knocked on my fanny too many times, his eyes kept telling me to get back on and keep trying to push through this step of our journey together. At one point I almost gave up, because I was so sore and beat up I thought I am gonna get killed by this mustang, but family and friends and Rango gave me the courage to keep at it and see it to the end, which was the Extreme Mustang Makeover. AND WE DID IT WE MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment