Thursday, March 17, 2011

Steens HMA Week "Honor" Challenge Painting #69

Guest Blogger Tracey Westbury:
"Honor"
5 by 7 inch Watercolor
by LindaLMartinArtist
SOLD
"This is Honor, a deep, dark dun.  I met him on our first trip up to the mountain.  Couldn't pull my camera lens away, he was just so stunning!  No one had named him.  Heck...there were no names on Oregon horses until I came along, I don't think! 
But he was Honor...no clue where the name came from, or why I called him that, but if fit, and it stuck.  People I've never met or heard of know him when they see him.  No flashy, splashy colors, just a lovely boy. 
Honor's Band. Used by permission
copyright2011Tracey Westbury
 He's been gathered and released, and his brand indicates that he was born in 1998, and is now 13 years old.  He typically has only a couple of mares with him; the two he had pre gather ('09) were both kept back at the corrals.  Farrel and Maggie Rothague adopted his '08 son, and when they realized the dam was there, they picked her up as well; they are the two bays in the family photo."

No comments:

Post a Comment